Saturday, July 10, 2010

Frozen Strawberry Desert

We are just now getting over that last heat wave. I made two sets of curtains for my house. It was just too hot outside for me. I found this Frozen Strawberry Desert Recipe I wanted to share it takes a few minutes to prepare but it is well worth it and if you like ice cream or know anyone that does this one is a keeper!
Frozen Strawberry Desert
20 Graham Crackers, Crushed
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
Mix to make graham cracker crust. Put 1/2 in the bottom of 9*13 inch pan- save the rest for topping.

Beat 2 egg whites till stiff.
Add 1 cup partially frozen strawberrys, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 cup sugar continue to beat for 15 minutes fold in 1 cup cool whip.
Pour over graham cracker crust. Put the rest of graham cracker crust on the top and freeze it. Can be made a week in advance.
DONOT RE-Freeze!
Note: Crushed fresh berrys are good in this to. Thanks! Linda G..